Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Thinking/Reading too much into things

Pink Dot, LGBT militants score own goal


https://atans1.wordpress.com/2015/05/06/pink-dot-lgbt-militants-score-own-goal/

Will you stop using IKEA products just because they support a Magic show?

Very weird. If pink dot respects diversity of opinion, then why does it still think that ikea should not hire the pastor for a magic show?
I think that some people can’t get it in their head that ikea is only buying a magic show and that the seller’s religious, political and sexual views do not enter into the equation at all.
Just because I buy palm oil products does not mean I agree with companies burning forests in Indonesia to clear land. Nor am I obliged to stop purchase because you don’t like it.
And
Also note that ikea is Not sponsoring anything. I don’t sponsor Toyota when I buy a car from them. It’s purely a commercial transaction. I do not associate myself with Toyota’s beliefs, philosophies or principles just because I happen to buy a car from them.
Same for ikea and the pastor. Same for Muslim food. Just because I eat at a Muslim stall does not mean I agree with the religion. All it means is I think the food is good.
Gays will do well to remember this, especially if they want to sample Muslim food, because islam’s stand on homosexuality is quite clear.
Pink dot should remember that one not read too much into everything. It is not like what George Bush said– that you are either with us or you are against us– when he addressed the world after Sep 11. Just because your straight friends go to a magic show by the pastor does not mean they have turned against you.

Nice one!

No comments:

Post a Comment